Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Re: migrate command fails when changing foreign key to a different model

Forgot to mention that I'm running 1.7RC1

On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:27:11 AM UTC-5, Shawn H wrote:
I've looked at  Issue 22485 and Issue 22563, and I'm unsure if my issue is different. I've an employees app with an employee model. I've a tracking app that originally had 3 models each with a foreign key to auth_user. I made a migration for the tracking app to switch those 3 models foreign key to the employees.Employee model. When I try to apply the migration, I get

  File "C:\Virtual\Django17c1\lib\site-packages\django\db\migrations\state.py", line 89, in render
    model=lookup_model,
ValueError: Lookup failed for model referenced by field tracking.PropertyDescription.verified_by: employees.Employee

Stepping through the code, it's failing on line 79 when it's trying to find the employees app. The employees app is not in self.apps for some reason I've not been able to figure out, especially since the employees app is in the global apps.app_configs in migrate.py line 160. The employees app has been migrated.

How should I proceed? Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/669e78c2-3c57-4f4b-8437-84c79a6c18e0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment