Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Using version control with django

I want to track django projects with subversion. (Single developer, local,
so svn is better suited than the distributed git and mercurial.) I'd like
advice on how to lay this out vis-a-vis the django layout.

Project overall root is ~/development/crm-project. This directory
contains:

Makefile README crm-project/ docs/ manage.py* requirements.txt

The top-level project directory is the same-named crm-project, and this
contains:

__init__.py __pycache__/ settings.py urls.py
__init__.pyc crm/ settings.pyc wsgi.py

The app directory is crm/.

So, where should I place trunk/, tags/, and branches/ be created? If
they're in the overall project root (~/development/crm-project/) should I
then move that directory's contents into the newly made trunk/ subdirectory?

I find nothing in my web searches for using svn with django. Perhaps my
web foo is insufficient.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment