Monday, May 22, 2017

Re: tutorial on using dbshell?



On May 22, 2017 3:07 PM, "Jim Anderson" <jjanderson52000@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi James,

I'm looking at the sqlite3 documentation now, but I'm still not quite sure how to run the dbshell. Once I am in the shell, I assume that I can run sqlite3 commands as needed. But when I enter:

% python manage.py dbshell

I get the following error messages:

setting.py: BASE_DIR =  /home/jja/...
FINISHED settings.py
CommandError: You appear not to have the 'sqlite3' program installed or on your path.


Am I invoking it properly? Do I have to change my configuration?

From a Django perspective, it looks correct. You'll need to install the sqlite3 management package do that Django has access to it. In most cases, if you are able to run the sqlite3 command by itself, Django should be able to find it. How you install it is going to be dependent on your OS. Linux distributions should have it really available in their package repositories, and the necessary package for Windows should be available on it's project page.

-James

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciXENhSCg6w4YRfC6xpc5mg7BQmRk22ODqu%2BSCw%3DxEjLBQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment