> On Friday, March 25, 2011 02:56:53 pm Tim Johnson wrote:
> > I've set up python 2.7 on slax.
> > I've also set up django 1.1 on slax. Slax does things a little
> > differently, so it appears. django is installed at
> > /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django
> >
> > python 2.7 does not know where to find django, because the path to
> > django is not being added to sys.path.
> >
> > I've created a .pth file that has as it's contents:
> > ##
> > /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django
> > ##
> >
> > However python is not picking it that path. I have tried the .pth
> > file in two different locations:
> > /usr/lib/python2.7 and /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages
> >
> > On my main workstation, most (but not all) .pth files are in
> > /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/ but 2.7 does not seem a
> > 'dist-packages' directory at all.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> > thanks
>
>
> It really sounds like when you install python, you're using `python setup.py`
******
* NO *
******
:) See slax docs for installing modules.
http://www.slax.org/documentation_use_modules.php
That is the method that I used. slax took care of the rest.
> and that python version is the 2.5 version, use the 2.7 version of python to
> install it, it should put it in the right location (/usr/lib/python/2.7/site-
> packages). if this isn't please report back with what you're doing in detail.
>
> FTR about virtual env, this would still be a problem if you're mixing up
> python versions.
I'm not terribly familiar with slax. I've used mostly ubuntu and
slackware in the past. FYI, there was no python 2.5 binary on the
system as out-of-the box. *But* there was a python2.5 path - to be
safe, I removed python 2.7 and put 2.5 on.
Along with setting the PYTHONPATH variable - I've got django
importing now.
FYI: This is just a temporary setup for my netbook, which I'm
going to take along on vacation. I intend to "tutor" myself on
this setup while gone.
My main workstation is ubuntu 10.04 and no problems there.
That is where my actual development (should I choose to adapt
django to my development business) will take place.
Thanks Mike and also thanks to Shawn. I'll putter with this a
while to make sure that I have something working to take with me.
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com
http://www.akwebsoft.com
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
No comments:
Post a Comment