Friday, November 29, 2013

multi-table inheritance newbie

I'm using multi-table inheritance in project and need some help geeting my mind around this concept

I have parent class 'test' which is a machine test (members : name, version state; methods : add_test, remove_test)

I now create a child class 'result' which inherits from parent class 'test' - 'result' is the result of all the scenarios inside the machine test (multiple scenarios per machine test)

Child class 'result' will have its own members/methods (members : scenario_name, scenario_outsome; methods : add_result, delete_result)

So now I can create an instance of parent 'test' class by calling the child class 'result'
 >>>>testme= result.add_test("""args""")

So what is now in the object "testme" that I just created? I cannot viasualise what this instance holds and how the parent/child relationship works

What would be some useful method calls be to help me get a better understanding of the 'result' object so I could 'see' the influence of the 'parent' class inheritance

thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/bb72e0e1-cfe4-44c9-90a0-dfbc825db776%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment