Thursday, October 23, 2014

Re: Installing django on red hat linux box

On Oct 22, 2014, at 9:57 AM, robert brook <software.by.python@gmail.com> wrote:

I have python 3.3.

If you are running RHEL6, python 2.6 is supported through yum etc. You will need to do your own installation if you want a more recent version, but afaik you will not need to. 2.6 is sufficient. If it were me, “good enough” would be good enough.

I’ve installed the CentOS and EPEL yum configurations on my RHEL6 boxes and one of those repos has virtualenv if RHEL6 does not have it (I don’t have access atm to check).

RHEL6 is reputed to break badly if you *replace* python with a newer version, so you will need to preserve the 2.6 installation anyway.

If you do your own from-source python installation then you can pull that build into your virtualenv without difficulty.

hth

- Tom



Had to coerce red hat to do allow the install  3.3.  Must have been  a stripped down version.
version 6 came with python 2.6 installed.

Must be a stripped down version as pip does not come with python 3.3

I believe I need the package , python3.3-dev, to get the headers to utilize the std   setup.py install

I am going to follow up with Red Hat.

Thanks


On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:53:08 PM UTC-4, Pat Claffey wrote:
Hi,
I assume you have python installed successfully.  What version?  If you install python 3.4 then pip should install automatically (unless  3.4. is a second python install in which case pip does not install)

You should be able to see the python (and pip) executables in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.  For example on my system I see python2.6 and pip installed on /usr/bin (python is just a link to python2.6).  I manually installed python3.4 and pip3.4.  I see these executables in /usr/local/bin.

python2.6 was pre-installed on my linux box (red hat).  I installed python3.4 and pip3.4 manually.



On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 5:12:10 PM UTC+1, robert brook wrote:

I have alot of experience installing packages on windows and mac and it goes very smoothly.
I do not have alot of experience doing the installs on a Linux box.

I am running into problems installing 4 packages.

The Lan team tried yum, but the basic django packages were not available.

Then I tried installing pip and I got proxy errors using the get-pip.py script

So I fell back to installing the dowloaded packages with the old standy  setup.py install which fails.

I am attaching the top of the log

Anyone have any suggestions how to proceed?

**************************

running install

running bdist_egg

running egg_info

writing pyodbc.egg-info/PKG-INFO

writing top-level names to pyodbc.egg-info/top_level.txt

writing dependency_links to pyodbc.egg-info/dependency_links.txt

reading manifest file 'pyodbc.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'

reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'

warning: no files found matching 'tests/*'

writing manifest file 'pyodbc.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'

installing library code to build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg

running install_lib

running build_ext

building 'pyodbc' extension

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fwrapv -DNDEBUG -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fwrapv -fPIC -DPYODBC_VERSION=3.0.7 -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c /home/rbrook/pyodbc-3.0.7/src/pyodbcmodule.cpp -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/home/rbrook/pyodbc-3.0.7/src/pyodbcmodule.o -Wno-write-strings

In file included from /home/rbrook/pyodbc-3.0.7/src/pyodbcmodule.cpp:12:

/home/rbrook/pyodbc-3.0.7/src/pyodbc.h:41:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory

/home/rbrook/pyodbc-3.0.7/src/pyodbc.h:42:25: error: floatobject.h: No such file or directory

/home/rbrook/pyodbc-3.0.7/src/pyodbc.h:43:24: error: longobject.h: No such file or directory

*********************




--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/38b5e63d-7f1b-4564-8c53-3bb99ab3020d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment