Sunday, November 30, 2014

Re: Multiple levels of user in django application


I am basically a PHP programmer, and  I have been assigned modify existing django application.  Now I want to create a login for  all the 5 levels of users and their functionalities are differentiated based on the  roles.  Customization of admin page for adding new user and map it with the corresponding user details. 

I have attached the models that I want to map with the django user.   I want a best solution for mapping the users with different group members using this django application.  



 


On Saturday, 29 November 2014 22:50:25 UTC+5:30, Scot Hacker wrote:
On Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:49:25 AM UTC-8, Anju SB wrote:

Thank your for your reply.  Actually I created another model that aggregates all the values from each group table.  but after analyzing I feel its a worst method and performance is also very low.So model re-design is the only way to sort out this issue and need  help for redesigning the models.  Because I want to add users and map these users to group details from the admin page.  I am very confused state and I don't know how to re-design and optimize the queries.   

 
Django makes it easy to have multiple profile types with different sets of custom fields, and various permissions levels (roles). The admin does a good job of letting you add users to groups. I think you're going to have to spell out your problem/goals with more detail - we're not clear on exactly what's not working for you.  It might help (you and us) if you sketched out your desired model relationships with a charting tool or graphics program, or even as ascii art. 

./s

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/15a18e05-a3d5-4ab2-9961-b40b739efa7a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment