Friday, May 29, 2015

Trying to Build File Upload using jQuery dialog (jQuery 1.10.2/django 1.7/Python 2.7.8)

I'm constructing my file-upload dialog using jquery(jq)/javascript/html where the file-upload is supposed to begin like this:

   htmlStr = '<form enctype="multipart/form-data" ><label>SELECT FILE TO UPLOAD:</label><br /><input id="inputfil" name="input_file"  type="file" ></input></form><br /><br />';
   jq("#upldfildialog").append(htmlStr);

Everything seems to work except for actually being able to capture the file information that the user selects, from the file selection dialog, because when execution of the server-side code of my django application receives the request I'm trying to print out the value of "request.Files" and the app is printing this:

MultiValueDict:: {}

I'm sure its my code, that is the problem, but I just haven't yet figured out what little piece or pieces that I'm still missing to get this to work. I've done this before  several years ago, on another project, but don't have any complete working examples of it. I also still haven't found any other complete code examples thus far, in my search for possible solutions.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Henry



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/a1702fd3-43ee-4a1b-b17c-4a92f5ffdc39%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment