Monday, June 29, 2015

migrate gives SQL error on my DB backend

I have a custom DB backend driver which works on everything from Django 1.1.4 to 1.7, and now I am trying to update it to support Django 1.8. I have seen this change regarding the base classes and I've made the appropriate import changes. When running a simple test (creating everything from scratch), I'm doing this:

python manage.py startapp test
<update various model/view files, add to settings.py, etc.>
python manage.py makemigrations test
python manage.py migrate

But when I do the migrate, I get a SQL error. It turns out that it's attempting to execute "create table "django_migrations" ( ). I thought that perhaps I don't need to do the migrate, but if I don't, I get the same error when I run "python manage.py runserver". I'm assuming that I've neglected to make some change to my driver but I'm not familiar enough with the migration stuff to know what it is I'm missing. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Graeme Perrow

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b9a7d828-6e07-4bd6-8518-8caf78363773%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment