Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Django model for non web applications

I'm fairly new to Django and making my way through the tutorial.

Knowing what I've learned so far, I'd like to explore using django.db.models.Model in a non-web application. I'd like to take the entire model layer and use it for database access in a standalone, multithreaded python 3.4 application. It is not a web application. I would like to be able to take advantage of the migration capabilities in manage.py.

Questions:

1. Is it as simple as adding `from djanago.db import models`? Would this bring in any unnecessary django packages/modules, considering I will not be developing a web application, not using views, templating, etc?

2. Is the django model layer thread safe? Specifically, when using sqlite3 as a back end?

3. Are there other clean ORM/database model layer frameworks/packages that I should consider for python 3.4?

Thanks very much for any assistance,
Jeff

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/7609b56f-1452-43d0-86c4-f6eab427e0dc%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment