Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Re: Diving into Django 2016

Hey Allen,

Welcome to the Django community. I was in the same boat as you and researched endless web development frameworks, databases, and platforms. What I love about Django is the loose coupling amongst apps, and how readable the source code is. If you come from an MVC background, you can get up to speed with Django pretty quickly.

For resources, the sky is the limit!

Learning Python is a fun and rewarding experience. I began my Python journey with the following websites

In terms of which DBMS to use, sadly I have not dived deep enough into various systems. My background is in Oracle/MySQL but it seems like the standard is PostgreSQL.

Welcome to the community and good luck on your adventures with Django


On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 11:36:12 AM UTC-8, Alan Auckland wrote:
Hi everyone, 
                  I have been doing lots of reading about which way to go for web development and programming. I think I have finally decided to dive into Python with Django. 
I really like the idea that it is such a versatile language spreading across many areas. 

What resources do you recommend to get started with? 

I am learning this myself but I also have a few to start a business training others and offering them work experience and show others how to get employed and improve their chances of employment.

I have been doing some research and not sure which database is right to use. 
I really like the idea of learning Cassandra because it is fast and the most reliable DB I have read about, but not sure if its the right choice or if Django can even interact with it. 

On that note as well I have never heard of a web host providing Cassandra. 

My students will be building simple websites for clients  like 2-3 page information sites. 
Personally I would like to be building more involved sites. 

Where web hosting is concerned I want to keep it as low as possible and could really use some help finding a provider. 
This gets trickery when I might have students wanting to learn other technologies but I guess if I have to use more than one provider than that is all I can do. 
     (by this I mean if a student wants to develop in ASP.net or Node.Js) 

I have been thiking a reseller account would be a good solution. I want to charge clients for hosting and offer a reduced rate for the design and development from students. 
My aim is to make re-occurring revenue from the hosting over a long period as well as support people finding there way into awesome jobs :D 

I am worried that the only solution would be host sites myself but this seems quite daunting and discussion for a whole other topic. 

I have never worked in a real development job. I finished a HND last year, done nothing this year and I am applying to top up to a full degree this year. 

Thank you for reading 

I look forward to hearing from you all. 

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/cb19581b-a0ea-4ce2-bdb6-a5affc417c1b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment