Monday, April 25, 2016

Re: Problems following tutorials on django 1.9.2

Yes, I discovered the problem. When I first installed django, I chose the latest stable version assuming that the latest version would be Django 1.9. Then, once I learned how to check version I realized that the version installed was 1.8.9. So I had to manually unmask the "unstable" version of django and "emerge" it into my system. This was done in the middle of the tutorial. So I started over on the first tutorial and the problems disappeared.

I will try to upgrade to 1.9.5.

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 6:25:57 PM UTC+2, Tim Graham wrote:
Please double check your Django version with:

python manage.py --version

If you generated the polls app using a version older than 1.9, you won't have apps.py. In that case, you use simply use 'polls' in INSTALLED_APPS rather than 'polls.apps.PollsConfig'.

By the way, please use Django 1.9.5 rather than 1.9.2. You should always use the latest minor release in a series to receive important security and bug fixes.

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 10:13:20 AM UTC-4, gu99...@student.chalmers.se wrote:
In part 2 of the django tutorial; 'writing your fist app', the command

python manage.py makemigrations polls

gives errors. I get "ImportError: No module named polls.apps". When going back to part 1, the command 'python manage.py startapp polls' is supposed to generate also a file named apps.py in the polls/ directory, but for some strange reason it failed to do so. Since those generated .py files are mostly empty, I did "touch .../polls/apps.py" and reran that "makemigration" command above. But then I got the error message: 

ImportError: No module named PollsConfig

What now? The tutorial doesn't explain.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/e1d97658-6994-4b9f-8b8a-f12a4181720d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment