Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Re: Running django on demand via my PyQt4 Standalone app

I cannot understand is why would you need django for admin, but use some other standalone (desktop?) application for everything else.  You should try and stay either on the django or on the standalone application.

If after further analysis you still think you need both, then I'd use django, along with a rest api such as Django REST framework (www.django-rest-framework.org) or Tastypie (tastypieapi.org).

You might also ant to make use of kivy (kivy.org) for the user interface.

HTH
Mario Osorio

On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 7:14:52 AM UTC-4, Dam ian wrote:
Hi,

I work on some Smart Home UI / Controlling system using PyQt4, now I'm in the point where i need a Web Server to share a "Admin Page" to let the user change some Smart Home settings (via web page of course :p ). I searched the internet for a answer / idea and I think that the django server would be the best solution, e.g. like django my "APP" also use a SQLite DB. I need that the server is running only if the user activate the "Admin Mode" and want do some change to the UI / App and only locally.

unfortunately i still learning python and my knowledge is not on the level to do this in the right way and I thought, that maybe someone of you can help me:


Q1: Is it good idea to start a new QThread who runs the script os.system("web/manage.py runserver")?
Q2: If yes - how can i stop the server - maybe through terminating the QThread?
Q3: If no - what is the best method to start a django server on demand via my PyQt4 App and to stop it?
Q4: can i share my DB whit django, is this a good idea?
Q5: can i access from django server my app components class, variable etc. and vice versa ( if the server is running)?
Q6: can u point me where i can find some documentation or example to get closer to my goal?


i know there many ways how to do this ( or not) but I would like to achieve it via the "pythonic way" / best practices
if someone from you can hep me I would be very grateful

Cheers Damian

PS. Sorry for my not best english

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/a4dafc5f-4d77-4ed2-9d96-423eb6a8c893%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment