Tuesday, June 27, 2017

NOVICE Question; Installing Django 1.11.2 in Python 3.6 with the correct path

A a Novice to Python and to Django How do i install Django into the correct path , I followed the instruction in a Django manual and got an error message; How do I install Django 1.11.2  on windows 10 with the following sys path
>>> import sys
>>> sys.path
['C:/Users/hlidd/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python36', 'C:\\Users\\hlidd\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python36\\Lib\\idlelib', 'C:\\Users\\hlidd\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python36\\python36.zip', 'C:\\Users\\hlidd\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python36\\DLLs', 'C:\\Users\\hlidd\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python36\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\hlidd\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python36', 'C:\\Users\\hlidd\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python36\\lib\\site-packages']
>>> pip install Django == 1.11.2
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Do I have Python in the correct path? Am I calling Django with the correct path? Python seems to work okay but am I storing my nascent programs into the right directory.? If I install Django with these paths will my work go to the right directory? Or am I looking at the problem all wrong and it is not the dicrectories at all but me that is misguided by the instruction book's to use  ">>> pip install Django ==1.11.2"?
Any help or path(excuse the pun) I can go down to  tolearn how to  establish Django 1.11.2 on my machine? I am reading and absobing "Mastering Django: Core ". ANy help will be appreciated.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/f3d6d2c3-34d6-4a54-8015-7a93c5fb160b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment