Tuesday, July 25, 2017

django + GDAL - bus error

Hi everyone,

I have the strangest issue and I don't know how to address it.
I'm running on a mac. I have gdal 2.2.0 installed on the system.
I have a python 3.5.2 virtualenv (same behavior in 3.6.1)
inside I have a number of libraries, including django 1.9.13 and the GDAL bindings.

If from this virtualenv I open a ipython console and try to gdal.Open a TIFF, all works well.
If I open a django console (django manage.py shell) in this virtualenv and try to perform the same operation, I get
TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, Unknown field with tag 42112 (0xa480) encountered.
TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, Unknown field with tag 42113 (0xa481) encountered.
[1]    15947 bus error  python manage.py shell
and the shell crashes

This happens also if I go through the django.contrib.gis.gdal module that django embarks

This does not seem to happen on my production Linux install.

I have no idea how to investigate this. I don't know what django could do at startup that could have this kind of adverse effect.
Interesting note: I get the same error when launching the code through celery

Any idea what I can try to do?

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/98462faf-9f49-49a6-8d4b-b4f53d4c404c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment