Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Recursive Queries

I have a problem in which I would like to solve with SQL recursive queries using the ORM (a bill of materials tree, actually).  In particular, I was looking at PostgreSQL’s WITH RECURSIVE statement.

I discovered this paper in my research, which seems to indicate that Django had such a feature or one of its packages had such a feature.  Unfortunately, I cannot seem to locate the code that it seems to make a reference to.

 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221318255_Efficient_Implementation_of_Recursive_Queries_in_Major_Object_Relational_Mapping_Systems#pf6

 

Does Django have a recursive query feature?  If so, how do we access it/can we have documentation?  If not, shouldn’t the feature be implemented?

No comments:

Post a Comment