Monday, December 25, 2017

Issue with Python 3.6 and Django 2.0 App Deployment on Shared Hosting

HI All, 

I'm a very new into web development as well as very recently started with Python 3.6.4 and Django 2.0 and built my first web application successfully. Currently I'm in the process of deploying the web-app on a shared hosting environment on Bluehost.  

I was able to configure both Python and Django latest versions successfully on Bluehost server using virstualenv and was able to create my test-app ass well on the server directly using SSH client. 

Where I'm stuck right now is to make this app work on my domain. I have explored everything on google and tried everything possible from my side but with no luck in the end. Ever time I try to access my website in my local browser, I get the following error message: 

500 Server Error

A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup. Check the server logs, fix the problem, then try again.

I understand that it may not be sufficient information for anyone to help me with. I'm very new to this whole process of community and forums etc, so please let me know in case if you look for any additional info in this regard. 

I will greatly appreciate any help or pointing me into the right direction. 

Alok. 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d38290f8-dd4e-4038-a958-9fed5b32fa34%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment