Monday, July 29, 2019

BigAutoField not working

Hi all, 

I am trying to create a field in Django 2.2 with BigAutoField as the datatype. The backend is MySql. And I am using the mysql.connector. 

When I try to add datatype as BigAutoField for the column, I cannot see that column in my table.

If I alter it from 'AutoField' to 'BigAutoField', it throws an error:

ValueError: Cannot alter field TableName.columName into TableName.columName  - they do not properly define db_type (are you using a badly-written custom field?)


Thanks in advance



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/2ab746fb-70c9-4979-a557-db83f39d00c7%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment