Thursday, August 29, 2019

Re: Reverse for 'modification' with no arguments not found issue

My "home" variable is defined with a view :

def home(request):
    """ Acceuil du site qui recense toutes nos requêtes pour le moment """
    return render(request, 'insertion/accueil.html', locals())

Which redirect to my homepage.

The line with a problem is that one

    return render(request, 'insertion/modification.html', locals())


And I really can't figure it out why, according the fact that "locals()" contains my variable and even if I send directly my variable instead, I get the same !



Le jeudi 29 août 2019 03:55:52 UTC+2, James Schneider a écrit :


On Wed, Aug 28, 2019, 2:00 AM Ali IMRANE <ali.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks James for your help.

Indeed, I tought about that problem but I already managed to see an number on an other page, as well as using that ID to read information behind my informations (as you can see in the third line I gave on "lire.html"). A number is printed. How can I know that it is an int and not a string use in there ?

In the template it won't matter whether it is an int or a string, it gets implicitly converted to a string for the regex match anyway.



        # Nous pourrions ici envoyer l'e-mail grâce aux données
        # que nous venons de récupérer
        envoi = True
        redirect(home)


What is the home variable in the redirect statement above? It isn't defined in your view. I think that will need an extra argument. What line is the traceback actually complaining about?

-James

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/4e7167ae-5519-4b9a-8bad-2310e5cc5217%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment