Thursday, February 27, 2020

Re: Unidirectional association

Thank you

I finally made it. I was afraid about circular references and DB possible corruptions, but Django seems to be resilient and surprises me all the time.

What I did was

1. Declared three different ForeignKeys from class A to B
2. Chose PROTECT instead of CASCADE for on_delete
3. Let blank/null True
4. Of course chose three different related_names


On Thursday, 27 February 2020 07:55:52 UTC+2, Naveen Arora wrote:
Hi Manos,

Kindly explain the scenario appropriately, What exactly are you trying to achieve? Also read - https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/topics/db/examples/many_to_many/

Cheers,
Naveen Arora


On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 20:05:00 UTC+5:30, Manos Zeakis wrote:
Hi all

I have created two classes. Instances of class A are timeless and instances of class B are different each year. Each instance of class B is associated with an instance of class A.

So I suppose I should do something like this

class A(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=20, default = 'null')

class B(models.Model):
    A = models.ForeignKey('A', on_delete=models.CASCADE, related_name = "bs")
   
Now I need to declare three fields on class A that point to a different instance of class B for current, past and next year
    current_B
    previous_B
    next_B

I cannot find a way to declare such an association. Could you help me?

Thank you

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/341c0a15-e8c8-4bf5-b834-c80c15eafbb2%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment