Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Re: How can I host my django project on my pc for someone to see it outside my WIFI network

On 23/12/2020 18.46, joseenoc...@gmail.com wrote:
> Can some one pls explain what steps show I follow to host my django
> project on my pc and allow anyone outside my network WIFI to see the
> webiste
>

You don't want to do that, but just in case:

You probably want to ensure that you have a static IP from your internet
provider. If you don't have that or for some reason cannot get one,
consider looking into dynamic DNS so you have a well known DNS name when
your public IP address changes.

Configure your router to forward requests on the port where your Django
website is running to the IP of your PC.

But you seriously don't want to do that. Look into how to deploy your
website instead.

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/90d7384c-e6ea-4485-60da-3a57c0cd3707%40stacktrace.dk.

No comments:

Post a Comment