Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Re: Unable to have a template NOT show up

This is the current error that I'm getting in my browser:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++
Template error

In template c:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\admin
\templates\admin\change_list.html, error at line 11
Caught ViewDoesNotExist while rendering: Could not import polls.view.
Error was: No module named view
1 {% extends "admin/base_site.html" %}
2 {% load adminmedia admin_list i18n %}
3 {% load url from future %}
4 {% block extrastyle %}
5 {{ block.super }}
6 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{% admin_media_prefix
%}css/changelists.css" />
7 {% if cl.formset %}
8 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{%
admin_media_prefix %}css/forms.css" />
9 {% endif %}
10 {% if cl.formset or action_form %}
11 {% url 'admin:jsi18n' as jsi18nurl %}
12 <script type="text/javascript" src="{{ jsi18nurl|default:'../../
jsi18n/' }}"></script>
13 {% endif %}
14 {{ media.css }}
15 {% if not actions_on_top and not actions_on_bottom %}
16 <style>
17 #changelist table thead th:first-child {width: inherit}
18 </style>
19 {% endif %}
20 {% endblock %}
21
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++

Doesn't this part get populated? What am I missing?

On Aug 31, 11:23 am, "Yves S. Garret" <yoursurrogate...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> So I'm following this Django tutorial to become more familiar with how it
> works:
>
> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial03/#write-views-t...
>
> I got to this part:
>
> Reload the page. Now you'll see an error:
>
> TemplateDoesNotExist at /polls/
> polls/index.html
>
> Ah. There's no template yet.
>
> I never had this happen.... I just got this displayed in my browser (after I
> cleared the cache on top of that):
>
> You're looking at the results of poll 2.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  The fact that I don't see this gives me the
> impression that I messed somewhere up, anyone have an idea where I could
> have possibly stumbled?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment