Saturday, April 28, 2012

Re: Does adding editable=False to model require a data migration?

Hi Jerome! Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. :)

On Apr 28, 2012, at 7:59 AM, Jerome Baum <jerome@jeromebaum.com> wrote:
> Sounds like it. If you are using South then you can also run
> "manage.py schemamigration <appname> --auto" and South will tell you
> whether it thinks a schema migration is required. If it isn't an

Great! I'm not using south currently. I have used it for another project and it sure did make life easier.

I'm currently doing my schema/data migrations by hand (update model manually, create fixture (if needed, modify fixture data to meet schema changes), cleardata, drop tables via the sql shell, load fixture and do a syncdb. It can be a tedious process... :)

> nothing about the semantics of your data has changed, then you also
> don't need a data migration.

Sounds good to me! Thanks so much for your help!

Have an awesome weekend!

Cheers,
M

--
Sent from my Macbook Wheel

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment