Friday, May 31, 2013

Django & Ember

Hello,

So I'm thinking about bundling together Django and Ember. The reason is my front end is going to be lots of data in realtime. Think like overlaying a map with information for an example. Lots of data needs to be handled on the front end. Things need to be extremely dynamic.

I love Django and the interface with the database and all that. I'm thinking a powerful solution might be tagging Django and Ember together. Has anyone done this? Anyone have any advice? My questions really are (like the questions on my mind are) like lets say I query the database and get this resulting queryset or list in a variable. In Django you hand that list off to the template. Like I'm not sure how to hand things back and forth between Django and Ember. How I would hand the result from the query to Ember aka JS and then display that to the front end.

Does this sound like a powerful solution for handling large amounts of data? Really any information would be wonderful, better than nothing for sure...

I need high performance and power for processing quickly and giving the users a seamless experience and I'm wondering if this might be the ticket?

Thanks so much,

JJ Zolper

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment