Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Re: How do I test my Django App on my Phone

//On the terminal type the below line.

sudo python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:80

//type your password

//on your phone you only need to open the browser and on the search bar input the network's ip address (both devices should be connected to the same network)


Voila!


El martes, 10 de diciembre de 2013 03:44:08 UTC+9, Muhammad Ali escribió:
Hello,

I'm developing a Django-powered blog, with two versions: a desktop version and a mobile I optimized version for when it is accessed through a mobile device.

Now, I'm trying to test it on my Samsung phone to see how it would look and act like when someone uses it through a mobile phone's browser [iPhone, Android, etc.]

Instructions I found online (such as this one: ) say that I should plug the phone to the computer through a USB and run: manage.py runser 0.0.0.0:8000 and visit this IP address via my phone's browser. But it doesn't work and instead returns an error:

"Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 0.0.0.0:8000"

What am I missing in the setup? What are other, if any, alternative ways of testing my Django app on my phone during development?

Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,
Muhammad

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/f82b08ae-3fbb-4b42-80ac-4558c1200cf1%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment