Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Re: How to build a social network

try realdjango.com  The explanation is brilliant and to the point.

On Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:36:22 AM UTC+5:30, Rodrigo Ruiz wrote:
I get what you mean, problem is i searched google a lot, and no clear answer on what is the best. But that is not the most important, I can always try both, the biggest problem is that I couldn't find any easy book or tutorial or anything complete for python with django. All I found were pieces in a lot of different places. What I'm looking for is, for example, one book that covers all I need to build a social network, or one tutorial.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:53 PM, Kenny Meyer <knny...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Rodrigo Ruiz <rodrig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another thing I still haven't decided is between python with Django or ruby
> on rails.
> I know it's a Django group, so I know i must expect the good aspects on
> Django, but why should I use Django instead of ruby on rails?

I think you will mostly get subjective comments and not good answers
on your question. Best thing is to try them both, and go with the one
you feel most comfortable with.

I will vouch for Django, but again, that's totally subjective, and a
pretty bad question on the Django mailing list. :)
Do a google search like "Ruby vs Django site:stackoverflow.com" and
you can get some quick results.

> I don't know any, so I can't defend any, but one thing I had trouble with
> pytho with Django is information on what I want. With ruby I found a book on
> amazon "RailsSpace - Building a Social Networking Website with Ruby on
> Rails" which is specifically for what I want (build a social network), but I
> wasn't able to find anything on django.

There is Pinax, as previously mentioned.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/dbe39c1c-6590-4c31-9238-1e0dad6d8b87%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment