Saturday, September 27, 2014

Re: Upgrading Django (to 1.7)

Benjamin,
Thank you!

The next two parts of the article will focus on why certain changes were made. Please let me know if you think there were changes that I should have written about. Depending on my schedule and feedback, I would be willing to consider adding to the material if I've missed anything.

I'm happy to expand on my opinion if desired, but I don't think the documentation should have history/background sections. The documentation is already an enormous amount of work, and I like the fact that is sticks to being reference documentation.

However, I think the emails from Aymeric Augustin, Russell Keith-Magee, and Christopher Medrela documenting their work are incredibly helpful. Andrew Godwin even kept a blog! I would love it if people continued this trend. I will be linking to their work in Part III because of how useful and interesting the emails/blog-posts are. I think we owe them all a huge thank you for the effort.

Finally, the wiki contains some historical/background documents. I would not be averse to more pages like that, nor would I be averse to the release notes pointing to the emails mentioned above.

Andrew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/5CF92E59-DDCB-4C82-B395-A619C9AD9912%40andrewsforge.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment