Saturday, November 22, 2014

is it worth going for version 1.6 for commertial project

Hello all,
I have been looking for some good discussion on this issue.
i see there is not much difference between 1.7 and 1.6 as far as my
requirement goes.
I have gone through the official docs for both in a kind of rappid
specific way.
As it is I am not going to use ORM at all.
I am mainly intrested in views which will talk to an already existing
core logic written as an xmlrpc server.
The code is stable and works excelent on commertial projects.
My main interest is to just build the web front end (I would be using
views and templates ) for the said project.
I like the templating system and the forms are handled very well.
I would be further interested in the way Django helps write css or
integrate javascript libraries like Bootstrap using Python code itself.
So I don't see any great difference in 1.6 vs 1.7, provided I have not
missed some thing.
The question is now, given that support for 1.6 could be over soon, is
it worth while to stick with it?
on the other hand, 1.7 will also loose out support some tiem or the
other, although later as compared to version 1.6? Again, 1.6 I guess
will receive updates at least for a year if I am not mistaken?

I use Python 2.7 so no problems on that department.
Kindly let me know your views so that I can take a decision at the earlist.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.
Are theredevelopers on this list who still vouch by 1.6 and would
recommend me to go with that version?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/5470873A.3060401%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment