Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Re: icons let the template or resolve in the view?

right now  I am not using models, form the database,  as concept I am pinging the computer,  and making a list of lists with the ip and if the machines is up or down, like this.

this is what I am passing to the template.
[ [up, machine1],[up, machine2],[down, machine3]  ]


should I pass something like
[ [path/to/icon, machine1], [path/to/icon, machine2], [path/to/icon, machine3] ]

or make and if then in the loop of the template and get the icons from there?



On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 12:43:15 PM UTC-6, felix wrote:
El 03/03/15 13:17, dk escribió:
I will be populating a table with information of computers and I would like to display an icon in front of each line of the table. might change depending of the machine,  should I let the view handle that with and if then and later on use static to resolve the file path?
or should I make that if then and resolve the path by myself in the view?


I'm a newbie but here I go:
I think that it depends on how machines and icons are related. If each machine has a particular icon you should create a field in your computer model to handle it, an ImageField for instance. If you have  icons representing groups of computers then you could also use CHOICES in the model or even use an If tag in the template.
Views process the info you will show on templates, being the latest in charge of how to display it.

Cheers,
Felix.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/adafb35e-35c6-4dc8-8952-cd2874344ee2%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment