Thursday, May 26, 2016

Django Models

I am new to Django Python and I need bit of help



Can someone please help me with how I should structure my models, since this is a very important part of the project I am trying to develop, I had been teaching myself and not yet good at this stuff. I want to develop a web project for matching teachers or instructors who will teach students who subscribes to our service at they residence.For now I think I will need these models:


Students = Database to contain all students details.  See below for the database fields

Instructors = Database to contain all instructors or teachers details. See below

Course = Databases for all the courses or services that will be offering

Feedbacks = Database to contains both feedbacks from students about teachers and also teachers about students.


So, I have done something in terms of normalising my database, but I do not think it is efficient enough.? I think I also need a database Class, which is combination of Students and Instructors, but I cannot figures what the fields of this database should be.

I also think I need a combine database Instructors & Course and Course & Students. But I cannot figure out what the fields of these databases also should be and what the foreign key or whatever should be.


You see, our primary service will be matching students with instructors and having these instructors teach student what they want to be thought.


Please can  someone assist me in structuring my models a structure and also should I just have one app or separate apps for students, instructors, feedbacks etc. Thanks in advance.


Below is my database models.


Thanks agains


 


Models and Tables

-   Students

-   Instructors

-   Course

-   Feedbacks

-   Class


Model Properties and Fields

Students

-   student-id

-   student_firstname

-   student_lastname

-   student_address

-   student_city

-   student_region

-   student_startdate  (immediately, in 2 weeks, in a month over 6 months)

-   student_classLocation (student address, instructor address, arrange location)

-   student_phone1

-   student_email

-   student_phone2

-   student_internetContact  (skype, viber etc)

-   student_days_to_take_classes (mon - sun)

-   student_duration_of_course  (1 - 12 months)

-   student_hours_to_spend_on_course  (1 -8 hours)

-   student_class_start_time  ( 06am - 06am)

-   student_course_skill_level (beginner, intermediate, advance)

-   student_personal_wishes_to_help_match_an_intructor ( )

-   student_budget_amount

-   student_preferred_instructor_gender  (male, female)

-   student_date_of_birth


Students Methods and actions

-   match a student to instructors

-   seek payment

-   message update




Instuctors

-   id

-   firstname

-   lastname

-   middlename

-   gender

-   date_of_birth

-   phone1

-   phone2

-   streetaddress

-   city

-   region

-   country

-   qualifications  (multiple entry)

-   certfications  (multiple entry)

-   degrees (multiple entry)

-   present occupation

-   previous occupations (multiple entry)

-   present job position

-   length of teaching skills

-   type of skills to teach

-   class location (student address, tutor address, arranged address)


Instructor Methods and Actions

match instructor to students

seek instructors

pay instructors

-



Courses

-   id

-   course_name

-   course_description

-   course_duration


Methods



Feedbacks

-   id

-   course_name

-   instructor

-   student

-   Feedback_details

-   Grade (Beneficial, Great, Average, Satisfied, Very Satisfied, Excellent)




Class

-   instructor

-   students

-   course

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/44926a47-6931-494f-a368-a002fc6fa67b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment