Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Re: Looking for a good Django Forum


Me too - I'm looking for something simple; I have only looked at packages that were updated in 2016, so far I have examined:

    Pybbm - I tried this - the templates, views and models were complicated and hard to customize though the documentation was good.  I may go back to this.
    Spirit -  the file structure put me off. it seems needlessly complicated with several apps and the templates stored in different directories.  I will try this next.
    Machina and Misago both say not to use in production .

    I am going to try lbforum now.

Adam


On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 1:45:30 AM UTC-7, Frankline wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone know of a good forum that integrates nicely with django? Specifically both the Forum and django app should use the same userbase. Also something that is easy to integrate and theme.

I have been looking at both LBForum and DjangoBB.

Interested to hear from those who have actually implemented it.

./FO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/208e6ba8-2ba7-4788-9cbf-231465f59cc1%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment