Thursday, June 23, 2016

Re: Beginner question regarding virtualenv



On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 2:38:45 PM UTC-4, Leo wrote:

Hey Everyone,


I'm a total newb to using Django and open stack. I am working on creating a Django development environment in a VMware environment/Ubuntu OS. Eventually I want to deploy this to production.  The site's purpose is as an intranet site.


I have been following the Django tutorial but recently discovered some other Django tutorials which led me to posting this question. I didn't create a Python vitrualenv rather installed everything at the root of the OS. I am unsure if this will cause me problems or if I can proceed with this approach. I do not plan to use the VM for anything else but this specific intranet site.


Thanks for your help.

LV


No problems necessarily.  You can have a machine-wide Python environment, and then separate isolated one in any number of virtualenv environments.  You keep track of which one you are using by chaning directory and activating virtualenv environments, or by getting out of them with 'deactivate'  It's your choice which one to use and why.

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/35ce8ea5-bb77-4b4c-8c3a-67e369012c65%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment