Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Re: Using version control with django

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016, Gergely Polonkai wrote:

> On the other hand, you definitely should choose a distributed version
> control if you are working alone. For example, Git, Mercurial and Fossil
> repositories are self contained, which means the whole development history
> is located right where you work.

Gergely,

SVN is also self-contained, unless a separate repository is created for
each project. Regardless, after looking at some docs I decided to move from
svn to git. Since I'm not a professional developer I don't know it will make
any difference to me, but ...

I also keep versions of important documents, such as books or articles
submitted for publication and drafts of my expert opinons when I'm retained
for litigation support. While svn had no problem keeping each branch of its
repository tree separate, perhaps the maintenance of separate repositories
(one for each project) will not be onerous.

Suggestion taken,

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment