Friday, February 24, 2017

Template packages for simple data entry and table data management for business applications

Dear Django Users,

I am super new to Django and did the tutorial from the django website so far. I come from Microsoft LightSwitch development, which I used to develop business applications. So the main part of this projects was to show tables with default operations (create, edit, delete, export to excel) and showing relations of table entries in one-to-many  or many-to-many relationships (a pizza has salami and cheese). I looked for a better solution with more felxibility in creating a web-based application with customized views. Because of the object-relational database maping I sneaked into Django and I think I like it. So, now you know a bit the backgroud, here comes my question:

Is there any widget/template set i can download and create web-based applications by simply instantiating templates/widgets for my model elements? I realy like the admin site but I came across some postings saying that this is a bad idea. But maybe its exactly what I am looking for. Maybe there are other packes that provide such templates/widgets.

I am realy thankful for any comment, help or link to relevant information.

Thank you!

Kai




--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/25b045b4-f951-4dde-826a-99ef86772cb1%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment