Monday, May 29, 2017

Re: Is it possible to swap 1.8 and 1.10/1.11 Admin static files

Cancel this question. We will force the user to comply with our reality.

Cheers

Mike

On 16/05/2017 5:42 PM, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> I have a user who is keen to revert to the "old" 1.8 look and feel for
> his company now that we have upgraded to 1.10.
>
> First question is it even possible?
>
> I have tested this using blunt force and at first glance it *seems*
> possible in both directions. However I have a suspicion there might be
> tie-ins I have not discovered. Also. I haven't yet tried 1.11.
>
> If it is feasible ...
>
> Second question is how to do it.
>
> I have stared long and hard at settings. I have this ...
>
> STATICFILES_DIRS = [
> os.path.join(BASE_DIR, 'static/').replace('\\', '/'),
> os.path.join(BASE_DIR, 'company/static/').replace('\\', '/'),
> os.path.join(BASE_DIR, 'substance/static/').replace('\\', '/'),
> os.path.join(BASE_DIR, 'workplace/static/').replace('\\', '/'),
> ]
>
> and
>
> STATICFILES_FINDERS = [
> 'django.contrib.staticfiles.finders.FileSystemFinder',
> 'django.contrib.staticfiles.finders.AppDirectoriesFinder',
> ]
>
> and I can get the user (company) from the request and I can create a
> company subdir under 'company/static/<company>/' if that's where I
> should be putting the admin files from 1.8. But then how do I tweak
> the settings so the Admin uses the preferred company static files for
> just that user?
>
> Maybe instead, there is a company specific preference I can establish
> to provide '/static/admin_1.8' for that user?
>
> Maybe I need to have company-specific Admin templates which override
> the block which reads the static files based on a company preference?
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/5567f54e-8d2a-0a5c-f314-c05d6a9242ba%40dewhirst.com.au.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment