Sunday, August 27, 2017

Re: Django deployement Apache

Thanks for your help. Yes it was permission issue. However I am not able to find anything under my site-packages. when I point the same to dist-packages it works.

WSGIPythonHome /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
WSGIPythonPath /var/www/firsttest

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName firsttest.com
        ServerAlias www.firsttest.com
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

        WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/firsttest/firsttest/wsgi.py

        ErrorLog   /var/log/apache2/firsttest/first_error.log
        CustomLog   /var/log/apache2/firsttest/first_access.log combined
        Alias /static/admin/ /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/contrib/admin/static/
        Alias /static/ /var/www/firsttest/static
        <Directory /var/www/firsttest/firsttest>
        <Files wsgi.py>
                Require all granted
        </Files>
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is my new conf file and it works. However I am still not able to see my static files in admin. Any help would be appreciated.


Regards
Sarfaraz

On Sunday, 27 August 2017 10:57:12 UTC+5:30, Vernon Swanepoel wrote:
Hello Sarfaraz,

A couple things you could look at:
  1. Are you including both your site-packages (eg python3.6/lib/site-packages) and your django project root (where you actually built the project) in your WSGIPythonPath?  String them together with a clone (/path/to/python3.6/lib/site-packages:/path/to/django/project/myproject)
  2. Your wsgi is within your django app (/path/to/django/project/myproject/myproject/wsgi...).  It sits in the same file as your settings.py.  Make sure it's pointing to the right place, because in your examples above your directory for django and your directory for the wsgi don't match.
  3. Have you set execute permissions all the way down the django app (using chmod +x /all/the/way/up/the/django/project/to/wsgi.py)
Deploying the first time is a frustrating process, and it's hard to get specific help because nobody knows exactly what you've got running, but if you stick with it, you'll get it working.

Regards,
Vernon

On Saturday, 26 August 2017 21:31:34 UTC+1, sarfaraz ahmed wrote:
Hey Team,

Please someone help.
I am still getting error ImportError: No module named django.core.wsgi

mentioned below is my latest vhost file in ubuntu.

<VirtualHost *:80>
        WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/firstweb/firstweb/wsgi.py
        ServerName firstweb.com

        ServerAlias www.firstweb.com
                <Directory /var/www/firstweb/firstweb/>
                <Files wsgi.py>
                        Require all granted
                </Files>
                </Directory>
        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/firstweb-access.log combined
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/firstweb-error.log
</VirtualHost>

Earlier I missed WSGIScriptAlias argument.

Regards,
Sarfaraz Ahmed



On Saturday, 26 August 2017 20:02:47 UTC+5:30, sarfaraz ahmed wrote:
Hello Friends,

Please help me with this.

I am new to linux and I am attempting to deploy my trial app on AWS ubuntu server.

my vhost file looks like this
<VirtualHost *:80>
        WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/firstweb/firstweb/wsgi.py

        WSGIPythonPath /var/www/firstweb
        ServerName firstweb.com

        ServerAlias www.firstweb.com
                <Directory /var/www/django_project/firstweb>
                <Files wsgi.py>
                        Require all granted
                </Files>
                </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

now when I add WSGIPythonPath.. my apache fails to restart.

If I remove that that I get following error when I try to access this from my computer.
ImportError: No module named django.core.wsgi

Now, I searched on the web and found following link
https://www.webforefront.com/django/setupapachewebserverwsgi.html
 
which has some solution which I am not able to understand so far.

after wasting my time in attempting to deploy on windows server. everyone suggested me to deploy on linux.

I M NOT USING virualenv.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sarfaraz Ahmed




--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/17bd4194-0ad2-495d-9281-e23383c28fa2%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment