Monday, September 25, 2017

Re: server connection reset when click on localhost: Python error: wsgiref-> simple_server.py "noneType" object has no attribute split

What was the package you were missing?

On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 00:01:11 UTC, amarshall wrote:
Figured it out.. In case anyone else was wondering or comes across this. I went into the wsgiref/simple_server.py file and commented out that line of code:
/usr/lib/python2.7/wsgiref/simple_server.py", line 33, in close
   
self.status.split(' ',1)[0], self.bytes_sent

After commenting that out another set of errors arose. More detailed and told me I was missing a package. So I installed that package and all was well. Guess I forgot to do another pip freeze into my requirements file..Really simple thing that I completely missed. So if anyone else has this issue you may be missing a package and Django isn't telling you because it hasn't reached a certain line of code yet or some other reason.

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 9:08:41 PM UTC-4, amarshall wrote:

So I'm moving my work environment from one environment to the next. I did a pip install -r requirements for a list of packages I had. setup the DB. Migration went good. I do runserver and that runs. BUT when I click on the link to the homepage it says "The Connection was reset" in my browser. In my stacktrace is the below message. I've searched and found similar errors on the internet but none django related with a fix. any help

Here's the traceback I get:

Exception happened during processing of request from ('127.0.0.1', 56784)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 593, in process_request_thread
   
self.finish_request(request, client_address)
 
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 334, in finish_request
   
self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
 
File "/home/adrian/.virtualenvs/sneak8env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/servers/basehttp.py", line 102, in __init__
   
super(WSGIRequestHandler, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
 
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 649, in __init__
   
self.handle()
 
File "/home/adrian/.virtualenvs/sneak8env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/servers/basehttp.py", line 182, in handle
    handler
.run(self.server.get_app())
 
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/wsgiref/handlers.py", line 92, in run
   
self.close()
 
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/wsgiref/simple_server.py", line 33, in close
   
self.status.split(' ',1)[0], self.bytes_sent
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/46d698e1-94a0-4f8f-ac07-849f9409ba56%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment