Thursday, March 29, 2018

Django Version update for my project

Hi,

I want to update my Django version from Django 1.9.8 to Django 2.0.3 because it is mentioned in the Django 1.9.8 official document that this version has security issues. 

'This document is for an insecure version of Django that is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer release!'

This is my first time to upgrade Django version for my project.
I simply upgraded Django in my virtual environment to Django 2.0.3, now i am facing errors about url resolver etc. At the moment i haven't changed my code.

I have some questions in my mind:
  • Do we have to upgrade Django whenever the new Django version is released?
  • At the moment if i am able to upgrade my Project with Django 2 and after some time this version also  become insecure then i have to repeat the Django version updates again?
  • Is there any blog written or any helpful materiel for me  that How to upgrade Django Version so that my project comes in working state?
Any kind of help will be appreciated, Thanks in advance. 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/72b7acd8-f8a5-4c50-87b5-fb9b6e4c9e63%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment