Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Re: django tests. where to create users

I use all solutions, depending on the needs.

When I'm testing a usage of many objects I use fixtures (also with users
as I'm "pretending" that users created them)

When there is a test involving a user I create this object, either in
test or the setUp.

On 11/28/11 01:58, Gelonida N wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to run some django tests, which use the test client and which
> should check, that certain users can only access certain contents.
>
> Where would you create this users / passwords.
> - With a fixture
> - as part of a test class in the SetUp section and tear
> it down afterwards?

There is no need to remove them
Just create a user in setUp if you need it for all tests, if for a part
of the tests only - create 2 test classes and create a user in one of
them only

> - create a custom test runner with a setup phase ?

I've got it as well - I don't create users there, but I've got a few
other methods which are useful for more than one app.

> Is there any other recommended code section, which could do the setup
> prior to running tests.
>
> Ideally I'd like to avoid fixtures.

Is there a reason?

> Of course I could create a script to generate certain fixtures and run
> only then the tests, but I'd prefer, the user data is created ad part of
> the test procedure.

zalun

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment