Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can I POST edit form to detail view, and redirect back if invalid?

I want to use the URL of an object (a detail view) as the destination
for CRUD operations. I want it to be able to accept GET, POST and
DELETE requests.

As part of this, I want the edit form (retrieved by appending /edit/
to the object URL) to submit to the object URL. If the form is
invalid, I then need to redirect back to the edit form, and display
the errors.

Is this possible? Is there a way to redirect back to the edit form
with the new values and the errors that occurred during processing?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment