Friday, March 30, 2012

Implementing Tagging with Django

Hello,

I searched for tagging libraries for Django and found two (django-
tagging and django-taggit) but both are fairly old and haven't been
maintained. I'd like to implement some sort of tagging on my site - a
bookmarking type service where each link has a set of tags. I know of
how I would like to model the data at the DB level:

Bookmark Table:
bookmark_ID,title,link

Tag Table
tag_id,tag_name

TagWithBookmarkTable
tag_id,bookmark_id

I'm not quite sure how to do this at the Django Models level
though.Anyone able to help?: I feel like this is a common problem but
I haven't had much success with google searches for django tagging -
keep getting template tag results or old blog posts (maybe I should
just follow them?).

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment