Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Detecting browser type after login

I've only been working with django for 6 months, and I'm not really
clear on how the login process works.

I have a client that has a login screen created by a template. It has
a submit button with:

<form id="login" action="/accounts/login/" method="POST">

In their urls file they have:

(r'^accounts/login/$', login)

In their views file they call login(request)

What they want is, after the user has successfully logged in, I need
to detect which browser they are using, and depending on which it is,
potentially pop up a dialog box. I can't figure out where that code
would live. I'm not asking how to detect the browser type, but rather,
where that javascript code would go, and how I would cause it to get
invoked after the login.

TIA!
-larry

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment