Friday, September 28, 2012

Re: Django on Bluehost

I hate to be that guy but...

I was on Bluehost for a while but I just ended up deciding the benefits of switching to WebFaction far outweighed the benefits of staying on Bluehost as a Django user.

If you're interested in joining WebFaction or hearing more about it feel free to send me an e-mail at JZthr33@gmail.com and I can tell you more about it.

If you feel that it suits what you want to do better I would be happy if you listed me as an affiliate! (Which I can explain if the time comes)

See ya later.

JJ

On 09/24/2012 12:21 AM, Zach wrote:
Hey everyone,
I have recently been setting up a Django 1.4.1 project with python 2.7.2 and MySQL. I am using fcgi to deploy my project in this environment because mod_wsgi is not available through bluehost. After much frustration I have gotten my site up to display the "it works" page. Now for some strange reason I can not get it away from this page. I have set up the urls.py file for the main project along with adding my app into the Installed_Apps section of the settings.py file. 
My .htaccess file is the following
AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^(media/.*)$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^(adminmedia/.*)$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(mysite.fcgi)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ mysite.fcgi/$1 [L]

My mysite.fcgi is the following
#!/home1/propesn4/python27/bin/python
import sys, os
sys.path.insert(0, "/home1/propesn4/python27")
os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = "project.settings"
sys.path.append("/home1/propesn4/project/")
from django.core.servers.fastcgi import runfastcgi
runfastcgi(method="threaded", daemonize="false")

When I make changes to my django project I preform a touch mysite.fcgi so that the fcgi agent knows there has been changes.
If anyone could lead me in the right direction I would really appreciate it!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/Aqyku-yyimsJ.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment