Thursday, January 31, 2013

Re: Moving a Django website to another server

I have scripts that use rsync for my backups, this is old hat for me lol :)

John Robertson wrote:
Hi there, thanks for all your very helpful responses. Its all a little out of my comfort zone so I might employ someone to do it for me. Any takers/quotes?

cheers
John

On Friday, January 25, 2013 10:20:49 AM UTC, John Robertson wrote:
Hi there, if I want to move a Django website to another host, is it as simple as copying across all the site files and DB (and changing config files)? If so, is there some kind of tool to create a zipped folder of the website so that FTP does not take several hours! Sorry if this seems a very basic question, but I just wanted to check before I proceed with it. They are fairly simple, small sites, but still there are thousands of files.

Many thanks!
John
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
--   Mike Doroshenko, Junior Sys Admin  TecKnoQuest Inc.  miked@tecknoquest.com  www.tecknoquest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment