Friday, August 30, 2013

Re: OperationalError: unable to open database file

When using sqlite3, one has to provide a full path to the database file.  For my projects I use something like this on my development machines (for a database file named 'db'):

import os 
PROJECT_DIR = os.path.dirname(__file__) 

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.sqlite3', 
        'NAME': os.path.join(PROJECT_DIR, 'db'),
    }
}


On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:48:43 PM UTC-4, Stian Sjøli wrote:
i get this error while going throught the tutorial from the django website. I am a mac user, and have modified my settings-file to use sqlite3 and the name variable to say "./mysite". Any suggestions why I get this error?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment