Saturday, August 31, 2013

Re: Script to move django 1.4.3 to 1.5.1

On 31/08/2013 02:14, Dan Gentry wrote:
> I've been using Django since v1.0, and when each major version is
> released, I run through the release notes to see what I need to change.
> Russell is correct that most things will work from one version to the
> next, but I like to keep as up to date as possible to minimize my risk
> of hitting a deprecated feature. Once I build a checklist, I can go
> through it for each app I support. Doesn't take too long, and I feel I
> gain a better understanding of the new features this way.

Yeah this is by far the best way of doing things. Plus it has the
advantage of becoming familiar with everything that has been added.

The only time I found upgrading a chore was when I had to change all my
url templates tags to have quotes around the URL name. That took ages.
Thankfully that sort of change is rare and I really should have used the
future import to get around it completely.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment