Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cannot start tutorial that begins with '"jango-admin.py startproject mysite"

Hello.
I believe I have successfully installed Django based on having no problems with testing "import django" at the command prompt and in the Python interpreter.
However, I cannot get the tutorial started. 
As explained by the tutorial ("From the command line, cd into a directory where you'd like to store your code, then run the following command:
django-admin.py startproject mysite") I cd over to: C:\Users\John. When I type "django-admin . . ." nothing happens. "mysite" is not created.
I have looked at group messages. One thing I notice is that I appear to be missing "Lib\site-packages\django\bin", but I don't know how to find/download this.
Also, at the command prompt when I cd to Python27\Scripts and enter "django-admin.py startproject mysite" I get "Import Error: No module named django.core".

My set-up:
1. Windows 7 32-bit
2. C:\Python27\Scripts\django-admin.py
3. End portion of my System Path as shown in Environmental Variables: . . ;C:\Python27\Scripts; C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\django\bin; C:\Python27\Scripts\django-admin.py


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/7df34208-487d-41b7-87a4-646d9b883ad6%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment