Friday, August 29, 2014

Re: Django admin can't display user detail view: 500 error

I see now that I think the best course of action is to get the traceback by adding the ADMINS settings. So I did that. Now I need to restart the uwsgi server process. Any suggestions on how to kind of brute force do that right now?

I see on their site they suggest "uwsgi --reload /tmp/project-master.pid". I see this everywhere but no where has any site/tut said "create a project-master.pid file for ________ reasons".  I'm assuming it's supposed to contain a list of all the uwsgi worker processes? I created a blank file at that directory and tried to run my command to start the service over again adding the "pidfile=/tmp/project-master.pid" tag and I go to check the file and nothing is there. So I'm not sure if the uwsgi command is restarting . All so I can see and get my traceback.. Sorry about this tanget.

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:22:00 PM UTC-4, amarshall wrote:
I've deployed my django application using Nginx and uWSGI.

In development I can login to my django admin-> users-> [username] and it shows the users information. However in development once I click on a user I get a "server 500" error. I have the same code for both deployment and development. I can't think of what the problem could be ?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/95ab3aad-77aa-4bc4-a614-540a3d23ff2e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment