Thursday, August 28, 2014

Re: Django 1.7 not working with mysql-connector-python 1.1.6 & Python 3.3 ?

And I wish I could upvote your solution to heaven!
Thanks for sharing that, why is it not documented anywhere? Sounds like a killing feature..

Cheers!
mccc

On Saturday, May 10, 2014 1:00:12 AM UTC+2, Richard Esplin wrote:
Thanks for sharing what you did. I wish PostgreSQL was an option for me on
this project.

Oracle's answer was pretty generic, but they are right that Django 1.7 is
still in development. It is good to know that they are planning to support it
when it is released. I am glad I don't have to roll-out 1.6 and then manage an
upgrade a few months after our launch.

PyMySQL appears to work fine, but I haven't benchmarked it yet. Knowing that I
can drop in the Oracle connector if there is a problem makes me confident to
move forward.

Cheers,

Richard

On Friday, May 09, 2014 14:49:11 Giovanni wrote:
> I switched to PostgreSQL when MySQL wasn't working. PostgreSQL worked
> without a hitch and the migrations work wonderfully. But since my target
> production environment only runs MySQL I will have to make the switch back
> at some point.
>
> Thanks for submitting the bug to MySQL. I see they posted a somewhat
> generic answer.
>
> On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 11:52:07 AM UTC-4, Richard Esplin wrote:
> > In order to move forward with this project, I switched to PyMySQL:
> >
> > https://github.com/PyMySQL
> >
> > It appears to work great. In order to use the default Django backend for
> > MySQL, I put this in my settings.py:
> >
<snip>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/0c46dae7-98a1-4758-8869-a1faccad04e7%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment