Saturday, January 31, 2015

Re: Do Signals block Django process?

Thanks for the info about django-debug-toolbar. I will certainly test it. I assume that I do a quite a lot of slow queries, but during development I run with a very reduced dataset, so my database (sqlite too instead of mysql) only contains a couple of hundred entries whereas in deployment it will be 10.000+.

Still hopefully I can get some estimates which queries take how long to finish right now and optimize those.

And in a 2nd stage I need some kind of tool to simulate multiple users login in and filling out forms on the site to see how it behaves. I found a couple of names using google, however I still have to settle for one tool that is still maintained and well documented. Any recommendations in that area are welcome.

On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 1:57:55 AM UTC+1, Tundebabzy wrote:

The view will return after the receiver has finished its work. But are you doing any slow queries? I ask because you might be over engineering your work.

A good place to start is to benchmark your queries using a tool like django-debug-toolbar. With that you can know exactly how long it takes one user to query your database and then use that to estimate for more users.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c85156f9-e36e-4a17-ad64-744802736fda%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment